Welcome!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, June 28 - On My Way!

What a day!  I was better prepared this morning than I realized but still was a little late to Rosie’s 9:20 soccer game at the tournament.  What a great soccer day…Rosie’s team (co-coached by Marc) won their first game and then so did Logan’s team.  During the break before the championship games I ran over to SuperTarget for my few groceries and last minute supplies.  Wow…it is amazing how little food I have along compared with when traveling with 3 or 4 kids!  Good thing, since I have so much more “gear” than usual.  Anyway, the championship games were intense at times but both teams won! 



































I was so glad I had stuck around later than I planned….how could I miss that?  I finally left for Aberdeen at about 4:10.  Jack had used a labelmaker to make me a few things that are now stuck onto my steering wheel and dashboard:

DSC00126

I stopped to see Paul Bunyan's anchor in Ortonville, MN.


































I  rolled in here right at 10 pm, to Watertown, SD.   It’s a big city park campground with a LOT of standing water around for several miles…the mosquito population is thriving.  They were happy to see me, in the dark unable to find my headlamp, flashlight, or bug spray.

© 2009 Tara Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
Adventures on the road with (and sometimes without) my kids. Check back soon for the infamous Summer of 2008 trip (aka: how many flat tires can one mom have in a single trip?) and more! This blog goes in reverse...older trips being added weekly. Please sign up for the RSS feed so you will know when there are updates. Or, email me to be put on an update list!