Welcome!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

34 hours until Takeoff...

 It's Wednesday night, December 30th.  I leave at 9 a.m. Friday for Montana and Wyoming, my two favorite states (so far...haven't been to Alaska yet).  I've been reading up on all the wolf pack changes and events from this fall/winter...things have changed a lot since summer.  The lone black pup of the Canyon pack that Rosie and I waited all day to see and finally saw playing with his mom...he hasn't been seen in a long time and is presumed dead.  None of the Druid pups survived, and that pack has endured other changes including the fact that they are still dealing wtih mange.  Someone wrote that they appear to sleep standing up because it's too cold for them to lay down to sleep, they have so little hair left.  But some wolves do survive this and I'm sure some of the Druids will. 

I am already sad that a week from now I'll be back home but I plan to savor every second out there...I've never been to Yellowstone in the winter and am ridiculously excited about it.  But then again, I'm always ridiculously excited for a trip.  I hope to have many adventures to report!

© 2010 Tara Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
Adventures on the road with (and sometimes without) my kids. Check back soon for the infamous Summer of 2008 trip (aka: how many flat tires can one mom have in a single trip?) and more! This blog goes in reverse...older trips being added weekly. Please sign up for the RSS feed so you will know when there are updates. Or, email me to be put on an update list!